[SEYSA] SEYSA: Exploring the DARK: Visit to the Dialogue-in-the-Dark

  • From: Ada Yiu <ada.yiu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:20:24 +0800

  Dear Youders and friends,

Have you imagined what you would hear if you cannot see? Have you imagined
what you would touch, sense and feel when you are surrounded by total
darkness?

The international social enterprise, Dialogue in the Dark (DiD), has
orginated Germany in 1986 and is opening a base in Hong Kong. DiD aims at
promoting social integration of the blind and the sighted by connecting
them: through encountering the darkness together. The founder of the
enterprise, Dr Andreas Heinecke, lost his eyesight in an automobile
accident. Despite the prejudice towards the visually impaired, he found his
new interaction with the blind brought him insights into humanity.
Exhibitions and various activities were held by DiD to provide opportunities
for the sighted to connect with the blind. To date, more than 6 million
visitors worldwide have experienced what it means to hear, smell, taste and
touch without being able to see! For information of DiD's new base in Hong
Kong, you may visit its website at http://www.dialogue-in-the-dark.hk/

Newly established in Hong Kong, DiD is offering special promotion in
February 2010. We can join the 75-minute exhibition tour - the experience
without sight, at a promotional fee of $50 each. SEYSA, with the aim to
promote social awarness to contribute to the betterment of the community,
has got involved in a number of social services, including a series of
voluntary services for the blind. We would like to take this opportunity to
gather our members to experience the tour in the dark together. You may also
join the event with your family members and friends. The date and time of
our tour session are as follow:

Date:  7 February 2010 (Sunday)
Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. (registration at 10:45 a.m.)
Venue: Dialgoue in the Dark, Shop 215, 2/F, The Household Centre, Nob Hill,
8 King Lai Path, Mei Foo, Kowloon.
Fee:  $50 per person

For enrollment or enquiry, please contact me at 95792225 or reply this email
directly, on or before 31 January 2010.

Let's take this good opportunity to explore our world from an alternative
perspective!

Sincerely yours,

Ada Yiu
Youder since 2004