[SEYSA] Recruitment of YP Student Leaders

  • From: "SEYSA Youth Programme" <yp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 05:52:52 +0800

Dear Youders,

Greetings from the Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association (SEYSA). On behalf
of the Organising Committee of the Youth Programme (YP) 2015-2016, we are
calling for applications for the position of YP Student Leaders.

Background

Established in 1992, SEYSA has served as a focal point for scholarship
recipients of the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund, in honour of our late
governor Sir Edward Youde. Celebrating our silver jubilee in 2017, members
of SEYSA will continue to strive for our core values - "scholarship, social
awareness, and solidarity", and endeavour to uphold the spirit of servant
leadership.

To actualise this spirit, we have been organising summer YP annually since
2009. Entering its 7th cohort, the YP 2015-2016 expands into a year-long
experiential leadership training programme running from November 2015 to
September 2016, with Professor Peter Mathieson (Vice-chancellor and
President of HKU), and Professor Joseph J. Y. Sung (Vice-chancellor and
President of CUHK) as our honourable Principal Advisors. In collaboration
with the Youth Difference Makers Award, we aim at inspiring youngsters of
Hong Kong with a vision of stepping out of their comfort zone and
contributing to our society. This year, seminars, workshops and an
adventure-based camp will be designed based on the themes of difference
making, theory of mind and altruism, and raising awareness of spinal cord
injury. To date, we have recruited over 200 upper primary and secondary
school participants, through whom we hope to spread the seed of servant
leadership.

How you can contribute

Inspiration influences individuals. We would like to recruit about 55 YP
Student Leaders this year. Throughout the year, each of you will be assigned
in pairs to mentor a group of around 10 YP participants, with
responsibilities including:-

1. Keeping regular contact with mentees;

2. Encouraging and leading mentees during YP events;

3. Overseeing mentees in completing their Difference Making projects; &

4. Offering constructive suggestions to help mentees tackle difficulties
encountered.

Whom we are looking for

We are particularly looking for responsible young adults like you who have
positive work attitude, enthusiasm to share, and community service spirit.
Undergraduates and postgraduates are also welcomed.

What you can gain

Upon achieving 80% participation rate (for the event schedule, please visit
http://www.seysa.org/pub/youth-programme-2015-16/), you will receive a
Certificate of Appreciation. You will also have the opportunity to connect
with many Youders who have social and work experience in fields like
business, law, IT, etc. Through this matchmaking mentorship platform, we
hope to offer you a chance to broaden your networking circles in better
preparation for a future career.

Interested? Take action!

For those interested, please fill in the form at
http://www.seysa.org/pub/yp-youders-leader. Application period runs till 24
November, 2015 (Tuesday).

For further information about YP and SEYSA, please visit
http://www.seysa.org/pub/project/youth_programme/. Should you have any
enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at yp@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:yp@xxxxxxxxx> . Seize the chance, and we look forward to seeing you
in YP 2015-2016.

Best regards,

Youth Programme 2015-2016 Organising Committee

Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association

JPEG image

JPEG image

PNG image