[SeniorTech] Re Diet drink sweetners

  • From: GmoffettLtTouch@xxxxxxx
  • To: seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:40:54 -0400 (EDT)

I changed the subject line as this was a different topic than the Coconut
Oil.  Your friend who drinks diet coke may find the artificial sweetener in
it more dangerous than her diabetes.

I apologizes for these posts being so long....but eating good healthy food
is getting so difficult now days with all the 'crap' that is added to  it.
     Genetically modified foods are another whole  topic of conversation,
and the amount of pesticides needed to grow  foods  that are contaminating
our food, soil and water, and creating 'Super Weeds'  resistance,... so now
they are having to resort to stronger pesticide's like  'agent orange'.  Even
the animals don't want to eat this food IF they are  given a choice, and we
then in turn consume them.   GMO'S are  also causing infertility and
still-births in the animals.  So what is  it doing to us?

      We really need to inform ourselves what we  are putting in our
bodies. It is probably best to eat like Grandma ate in the  old days, try to
find
natural fed animal meet, and also grow our own food if  possible.  It is now
said that drinking Raw Milk from certified dairies is  much healthier than
pasteurized, as you can digest all the natural enzymes  in whole milk.  Heat
will kill off these good enzymes.

I don't drink any soda pop anymore, except maybe a Ginger Ale once in
awhile. I like the natural healthy teas instead.  I sometime use a little
'Sweet n Low' (saccharin) in my tea or coffee....like two or three packets a
day
at the most.  It is considered the safest artificial sweetener out  there.
Mostly, I use honey as a sweetner or regular sugar, which is  actually
safer than the  artificial stuff.  Some people like Stevia or  Maple Sugar as a
sweetner.

The other thing out there that is a real health concern is *High Fructose
Corn Syrup*, as it is used as a cheap sweetener in most every food on the
market, so people are consuming a lot of it.  It metabolizes in the body as
a toxin... and the liver can't process it correctly.  It also makes you
hungrier after ingesting it.  You REALLY need to read labels now days  to see
what is in your food.

Probably if your diabetic friend just drank plain water, it would be much
better for her. I have found some Grape Juice that has no artificial sugar
added...and Welches is one brand.  There are some pricier natural fruit
drinks with no sugar in Wegmans and maybe health food stores.  You can add
just a little of this to plain water for a nice healthy drink because they are
more concentrated.
      I recently read the many benefits of water  with natural lemon
squeezed in it.  Also, water with a little vinegar and  honey added is also
touted
as a good weight loss drink and alkalizes the system,  which is good.

****Aspartame has SO many health problems associated with it, and here  are
some good links she should look at.  It is in 6000 foods that we
consume.....yikes.

_****  LIST of Aspartame Dangers_
(http://organichealthadviser.com/archives/aspartame-dangers)

 _Health  Freedom Alliance » 8 Dangers of Diet Soda_
(http://healthfreedoms.org/2011/12/12/8-dangers-of-diet-soda/)

  ( Very good 10 minute video)
_The Dangers of  Aspartame (Artificial Sweeteners Nutrasweet AminoSweet
Neotame_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvFRLIjOLOU)

Splenda ...also known as Sucralose,... which is used in many diet drinks
and fruit waters and diet foods,  can cause many health  problems.  It is
said to be 'just like sugar'...or 'really good for  you".  However...it is made
from only ONE molecule of sugar that is  then CHLORINATED, and basically
acts like a toxin in the system.  It  was originally discovered when they were
trying to make an 'insecticide'.   It can cause the thymus to shrink, and
kidney and liver damage.  Here is  some more information if people want to
read more on it.
      One lady I read about had her cat die of  kidney failure after
drinking the milk left in her cereal bowl...which had been  sweetened with
Splenda....so beware.

_The  dangers of Splenda: Are there dangers? Is Splenda bad for you?_
(http://www.quick-weightloss-solutions.com/dangers-of-splenda.html)

_The  Potential Dangers of Sucralose/Testimonials_
(http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/12/03/sucralose-testimonials.aspx)

A comparison of different artifical sweetners....
_Sugar and Fat  Substitutes - The Something Fishy Website on Eating
Disorders_ (http://www.something-fishy.org/dangers/sugarfat.php)

Well....I am off to do some other things.....lol.     Ginny

In a message dated 3/17/2012 9:12:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ajbreding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I was  talking to a gal today who has Type 2 diabetes, and she said she was
winging  in and taking no meds. She said I drink diet coke ;-)     I  said
that even has a sweetener in it,  but I wasn't sure what it was ..  either
Aspartame or Splenda.   And she looked rather  surprised.    I don't know but
sugar in any form can be not so good  in that case.
(I think)

"Learn to get in touch  with the silence within yourself, and know that
everything in this life has a  purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences
- all events are blessings  given to us to learn from."

- Elizabeth  Kubler-Ross

provided as a service to computer-using
senior citizens and  retirees by "SeniorTech"
(http://www.seniortech.us)

Forward this  email to any computer-using seniors you know.
They can subscribe themselves  by going here:
http://www.seniortech.us/listserv.htm

To unsubscribe  from this listserv, go  here:
http://www.seniortech.us/listserv.htm

Questions? Email Jerry  Taylor at    jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx