[seeditmaxi] Re: time machine...

  • From: Sven E Olsson <seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 13:48:42 +0100

On Dec 20, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Alberto Prato wrote:

no problem...on an italian macforum I found this:
Because Apple updated various components of Time Machine, some users are experiencing various new problems with Time Machine after updating. Backups are failing many times, and other times users are getting "access privileges" errors. Some folks are also getting problems with the Time Machine volume being "read only". For some users the initial backup after the update may take a long time. Time Machine will do a deep traversal of the boot volume to ensure all files are properly accounted for in the backups after the update has been applied, so it is recommended to wait it out if backups seem to take a long time.

Potential Fixes: Reset Time Machine Go to the Time Machine preferences and remove the backup drive from the destination. Then turn off Time Machine and shut down the computer. With the computer off, turn off or unplug the Time Machine drive and wait a few minutes. Then boot the computer and wait for it to load. When the computer is completely loaded, plug the TM drive back in and turn TM back on in the system preferences, reselecting the drive as the backup volume.

it comes from Macfixit.
I followed those directions and now works as usual again:-)

Alberto

Thanks for the great info!

Sven E

Sven E Olsson
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/rss.xml
Skype: seeditonskype
Yahoo: seeditmaxi
iChat: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxx
seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx