[seedit] Re: SEEdit Prefs Checker v 1.0.0

  • From: Sven E Olsson <seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 05:50:02 +0200

Thanks Bil for your info!

An simple explanation what the "bug" was:

1) SEEdit hosted the Preferences in the Users/Home/Library/Preferences, and
this have been done for may years like many other applications. But in the last
the recommendation have been to use the Users/Home/Library/Application Support.
And there was a need to clean up the SEEdit Preferences (folders).

2) So if you was an "old" users SEEdit just copy the things from the old
Preferences to the new place (if the already existed on the old place).

3) If SEEdit was installed for the first time, SEEdit copy from the SEEdit
Application bundle to the new place. And it was here we get bug-reports when
SEEdit was downloaded from MacUpdate. The bug was showing up an internal error
message in just the method there we checked for some files.... eg, a folder was
missing.

4) When the new user and I tried to narrow it down, I just get the idea to
check "Your Hard-Disk/Library/Application Support" And YES there the missing
folders was! (In total wrong place!).

So when I tell SEEdit to copy some folders/directories from ..... ...  to .....
... sometimes it goes to correct place and sometimes to wrong place!
There was a bug in the compiler!

I contacted some "developer friends" and yes, one of them have had the same
problems and also have a suggestion how to fix it.

Sven E

Sven E Olsson
seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/rss.xml

Skype: seeditonskype