[seedit] Re: SEEdit Prefs Checker v 1.0.0

  • From: "bill.andersen1" <bilandersen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:05:34 +0000

ah yes I figured that might have been the problem...

 NO NO... I'm only joking!

It's all too complex for me... glad you're there!

great work!

rgds

bil A
bilandersen@xxxxxxxxxxx

Home / Office: 612 9906 4494
Mobile:  61414 722 913

"Non carborundum illigitimi" ~ don't let the bastards grind you down

On 13/06/2011, at 3:50 AM, Sven E Olsson wrote:

Thanks Bil for your info!

An simple explanation what the "bug" was:

1) SEEdit hosted the Preferences in the Users/Home/Library/ Preferences, and this have been done for may years like many other applications. But in the last the recommendation have been to use the Users/Home/Library/Application Support. And there was a need to clean up the SEEdit Preferences (folders).

2) So if you was an "old" users SEEdit just copy the things from the old Preferences to the new place (if the already existed on the old place).

3) If SEEdit was installed for the first time, SEEdit copy from the SEEdit Application bundle to the new place. And it was here we get bug-reports when SEEdit was downloaded from MacUpdate. The bug was showing up an internal error message in just the method there we checked for some files.... eg, a folder was missing.

4) When the new user and I tried to narrow it down, I just get the idea to check "Your Hard-Disk/Library/Application Support" And YES there the missing folders was! (In total wrong place!).

So when I tell SEEdit to copy some folders/directories from ..... ... to ..... ... sometimes it goes to correct place and sometimes to wrong place!
There was a bug in the compiler!

I contacted some "developer friends" and yes, one of them have had the same problems and also have a suggestion how to fix it.

Sven E

Sven E Olsson
seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/rss.xml

Skype: seeditonskype

On Jun 13, 2011, at 11:38:56, bill.andersen1 wrote:

hi Sven

Mine was OK too got the same msg - No misscreated folders found.

bil A
bilandersen@xxxxxxxxxxx

Home / Office: 612 9906 4494
Mobile:  61414 722 913

"Non carborundum illigitimi" ~ don't let the bastards grind you down

On 12/06/2011, at 7:35 PM, Sven E Olsson wrote:

On Jun 12, 2011, at 21:24:41, Alberto Prato wrote:

it says:
- No misscreated folders found

Alberto

That means and looks like the "bug" not affected "old" users ....

Sven E