Summer Camp Prep

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:24:59 -0400

Summer camp is almost here and remember we will meet at 1:30 this Sunday
at the Scout Hut this Sunday.

What to wear: Class A shirts which are also required for each dinner

Shoes: Make sure the boys have good tennis shoes or boots, flip flops
are only allowed in the shower. Parents, please DO NOT wear open toed
shoes to camp on Sunday or Thursday night, we don't need you in the
first aid hut.

What to pack: Camp Cherokee recommends the following:
http://scouttroop17.web.officelive.com/Documents/summer_camp_packing_lis
t.pdf but use your best judgment. REMEMBER - NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES
(RADIOS, CELL PHONES, PSP'S ETC.) ALSO, NO BUG SPRAY, MATCHES OR
LIGHTERS!!  The Scoutmaster will supply as needed.

Transportation: I will need several parents to help transport the boys.

I still need Dads: If you are planning to spend and day and night,
please let me know. Dads are welcome each night, but I especially need
help on Tuesday/Wednesday and Friday/Saturday. BSA mandates that two
leaders be in camp at all times and extra Dads help make that possible.

Saturday Check-Out: We will be checking out of Camp on Saturday morning,
July 10, 2010 - Plan to arrive between 8:30-9:00.  Our scouts will not
be dismissed until the campsite and individual tents have been inspected
and released by the staff and scoutmaster. NO EXCEPTIONS!  All Scouts
should have transportation back to town on Saturday.

Thursday Dinner: Gade Lander will be contacting you with the details.
Don't forget your raingear because it always rains on Thursday night.

Should you have any questions, please let me know. If you need me during
camp week call  Camp Cherokee at 336 694-6440 and the staff will relay
me the message.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>