Service Opportunity

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:03:15 -0400

Please read below for a service opportunity for our scouts. As a
reminder, they need a total of six hours to complete their Citizenship
in the Community merit badge and this is a wonderful opportunity to
serve some hours.

I will be out of town that weekend, so we will need a parent to
volunteer to assist in the coordination of our scouts.

Please let me know if your son plans to participate and if you are able
to help coordinate our boys.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court
Burlington, NC 27215
HM: 336.585.1962
WK: 336.586.1325
MB: 336.269.2215

Thanks so much for your help with our upcoming race.  Here is the
information we discussed:

The Alamance Caswell Home Builders Association is planning a 5K and 10K
run with the Make A Wish Foundation on Saturday, November 5 in Elon, NC.
The event includes a 1 mile Fun Run for the whole family with Bob the
Builder and a 5k and a 10k certified race.  I have attached a race form
and flyer for additional information.

We need approximately 12-15 older scouts and a few adults if possible to
direct our runners along the race route and a few to work the water
station. They need to be at our registration area at 8:30am for
directions and location of race route positions. An adult driver to take
the boys to their location would be very helpful and one also at the
water station. Following the race they will need to come back to the
registration area to help with clean-up which I do not think will be too
bad and it will all be in the same area as registration.  I am not sure
exactly how long, but we should be done well before 12 noon. Our race
start location (registration) has changed from the attached forms and it
will begin at the corner of Woodale and O'Kelley in Elon.  (right down
the street from the Elon School)

Please feel free to call me with any questions at the number below or my
cell number at 336-516-2048.

Thanks again for any help you can give us.

Susan Black

Executive Officer

Alamance Caswell Home Builders Association

GIF image