Scouts this week - Tues, October 4th we will visit the Burlington City Council

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:25:16 -0400

"Troop 17 - one of the requirements for Citizenship in the Community is
to visit a local government meeting; so next Tues, October 4th we will
visit the Burlington City Council. We will meet just inside the
Municipal Building (Municipal Building, 425 South Lexington Avenue) at
6:45. Do NOT come to the Scout Hut; rather come directly to the
Municipal Building. We will watch the proceedings for about 45 minutes
then QUIETLY excuse ourselves for a short debrief and discussion.
Parents, please plan to pick your scout up at 8 pm in front of the
Municipal Building.

Scouts, please wear your class A uniforms. The Council plans to
recognize our troop and it will be televised on local cable access next
Thursday night (we will get more details there). It goes without saying
(but I will say it anyway) that we expect great behavior from all in
attendance.

Also, if you have your maps done, you can give that to me on Tuesday.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Shane Stadler"

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17