Northern Tier High Adventure Trip in Bissett, Manitoba, Canada

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:59:23 -0400

This summer Troop 17 is planning another summer trip to the Northern
Tier High Adventure Program located in Bissett, Manitoba, Canada. Tom
McGowen has led three Northern Tier excursions for each of his sons and
Rusty Huffines has taken the lead for this summer's trip, Rusty has been
before. This is one of those adventures of a lifetime for our scouts and
an experience they won't soon forget.

From the Northern Tier Website: "Since 1923, Scouts have been voyaging
into the great north wilderness to seek adventure. Eagles soaring
overhead, walleye swimming in the depths of pristine lakes, meeting a
moose on the portage trail. These are the experiences that Scouts get in
Canada and the north woods of the United States.  Northern Tier High
Adventure Program is the ONLY outfitter in the Boundary Waters Canoe
Area and Canada charged by the Boy Scouts of America to deliver the
Scouting program to Scouts and Leaders adventuring into North Americas
Canoe Country. Crews choosing the adventure and challenge of a Northern
Expeditions trip will begin with a program and outfitting at our modern
base on the outskirts of Bissett, Manitoba. Bissett is known for its
rich gold mining heritage and as a jumping off spot to some of the best
wilderness adventure anywhere. When choosing Northern Tier for your high
adventure needs you can be sure that your Scouts will get a Wilderness
Adventure that Lasts a Lifetime."

"Your trip starts with an exciting floatplane ride north into the
Canadian bush. Your crew will enjoy the opportunity to overlook some of
the beautiful and rugged terrain in which you will be traveling and to
enjoy the adventure of the Canadian bush pilot experience."

When: July 15 - 23 (includes travel time)

Who is eligible: Scouts age 14 and up - First Class

Cost: Around $1,400

*         Space is limited to 11 per crew and so far four have committed
(Rusty, Luke, Robert and me).

*         If you are interested, please send  me $50 to reserve your
spot.

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court