Fw: Troop 17 Family Life Merit Badge

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 13:37:14 -0500

Hal Bates
Glen Raven, Inc. 1821 North Park Avenue
Glen Raven, NC 27217
Hal.Bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
336.586.1325

Let Endless Possibilities Begin

-----Original message-----
From: Fairfax Reynolds <fairfax.reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
To: John Maynard <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Hal Bates <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Mar 9, 2011 02:33:06 GMT+00:00
Subject: Troop 17 Family Life Merit Badge

John, please distribute this to Troop 17 parents and scouts

I am enjoying teaching the scouts their Family Life Merit Badge. We had our second session tonight during the scout meeting and will finish up with our third and final session next Tuesday.

Here is a list of all the requirements and remember #3 through #6 are to be completed at home by the scout. #5 and #6 require the family's involvement.

Requirements
#1 Discuss what a family is and how is your family important to you and to society. COMPLETED IN CLASS #2 Discuss reasons why you are important to your family. COMPLETED IN CLASS #3 Prepare a list of five chores and perform them for 90 days. TO BE COMPLETED AT HOME AND RECORDED IN THE MB WORKBOOK #4 Plan and carry out a home project done by the scout that would benefit the family. TO BE COMPLETED AT HOME AND RECORDED IN THE MB WORKBOOK #5 Plan and carry out a family project or activity. TO BE COMPLETED AT HOME AND RECORDED IN THE MB WORKBOOK #6 Plan and carry out a family meeting discussing alcohol and drug abuse; understanding the growing up process and making responsible decisions dealing with sex; ideas for effective management of personal and family finances; a crisis situation within your family and how it was handled; effect of technology on your family TO BE COMPLETED AT HOME AND RECORDED IN THE MB WORKBOOK #7 Discuss what makes and effective father and the responsibilities of a parent. WILL BE COMPLETED IN CLASS ON MARCH 15

Although it is not a requirement, I also challenged them to memorize Philippians 4:5 by next week's scout meeting in case they mention it to you.

All requirements do not need to be completed by next Tuesday but the 90 days of chores should be underway. I will return to the troop in 90 days to review the workbooks of those who have completed the merit badge. Please call me if I can answer any questions.

Fairfax Reynolds
fairfax.reynolds@xxxxxxxxx
260-5148