[sbinews] SBI- AGITATION CALLED OFF (AISBOF website)

  • From: "Rajendra S. Pai" <rs.pai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sbinews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:39:48 +0530

NOTE: SBINEWS DOES NOT PERMIT CIRCULATION OF ATTACHMENTS. ATTACHMENTS, IF ANY,
CIRCULATED WILL BE ONLY BECAUSE OF VIRUSES.  PLEASE,THEREFORE, IGNORE
ATTACHMENTS IF ANY IN SBINEWS MESSAGES
ALL INDIA STATE BANK                  ALL INDIA STATE BANK
OFFICERS' FEDERATION            OF INDIA STAFF FEDERATION
SBI Bldg., St.Mark's Road,       C/o SBI. LHO, BHUBANESWAR-751 001
BANGALORE-560 001:
CIRCULAR NO. 117                                            3rd December.
2004
TO ALL AFFILIATES/MEMBERS
AGITATION CALLED OFF

We furnish below the text of Jount Circular No. 6243/436/04 issued by AISBOF
& AISBISF  on the above subject.
With greetings,
Sd/-
 SHANRHA RAJU
(GENERAL SECRETARY)

TEXT OF JOINT CIRCULAR
No. 6243/436/04
UNDERSTANDINGS REACHED
JOINT STRUGGLE CANCELLED
BIPARTITE/TRIPARTITE RELATIONS TO RESUME
In course of several rounds of informal as well as formal discussions with
the core committee of the Federations by the Senior Executives of the Bank
as also concern expressed by the Top Executives of the Bank to restore
normalcy and its sincerity to resolve the issues raised by both the
Federations in the strike notice, a Tripartite Meeting was convened today at
Mumbai. After detailed discussions, broad understandings  have since been
reached between the representatives of the both the Federations and
Management on all the major issues raised by us. Some of the important
issues sorted out are as under:
1. INTEREST ON LOAN TO STAFF
Bank has agreed to consider the matter of extending to its  employees
personal, housing and vehicle loans at concessionary rates of interest,
similar to what the Bank offered to public including employees of
corporates.
2. STAFF WELFARE FUND
The Bank would make every effort that all the eligible wards of officers and
staff who have applied for scholarship are extended the facility during the
current financial year.
Bank will be vigorously following up with the IBA  and Government of India
for increase in allocation of welfare fund including per capita expenditure.
3. HOLIDAY HOMES
The Bank agrees to consider the request to open holiday homes, in lieu of
those which have been closed, at places where there is adequate potential of
its utilization.
Thereafter, the Core Committee of the Federations met and has unanimously
decided to call-off the agitation and to resume further discussions to find
final solutions to all the issues raised by us jointly.
We are also happy to inform that the Bank has withdrawn the Court cases
filed against both the Federations and its affiliates at Mumbai as also its
office-bearers in their personal  capacity unconditionally.
Comrades , the Joint Struggle is a historic one.  it has brought both the
Federations closer and demonstrated our solidarity and unity for the
betterment of the Employees and Officers of the bank. The Joint Coordination
will continue on all the issues of common interest. We compliment all our
comrades in both the Federations for having stood solidly behind the
organization and creating a strong pressure on the Management . In view of
our  decision  to  call-off the  agitation,  we  appeal to all our comrades
to extend full co-operation to the bank in restoring normalcy as early as
possible. Once again we express our gratitude for the support extended to
the joint struggle and appeal to members  to be in readiness for any action
in future at short notice, if required.
With greetings,
Sd/-                                                     Sd/-
SHANTHA RAJU                        P.K.PATNAIK
GENERAL SECRETARY            SECRETARY

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended
recipient, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments.  Any
unauthorized access, usage, reproduction, disclosure of the contents of the
mail and its attachments, without the explicit permission of the Bank is
prohibited and State Bank Of India (SBI) or any of its officials, including the
sender of this mail, would not in any way be liable for the same. SBI accepts
no liability for any damage caused by this e-mail.

The messages in this list will help in improving awareness of SBI and its
activities vis-a-vis the happenings in the Banking industry. This should be of
help to all staff members of SBI, particularly those who are preparing for
promotional written tests/interviews/group discussions. Subscription to this
Mailing List is simple and FREE. Please check the procedure below. Please share
this information with other colleagues/branches that could be interested in
subscribing to this Mailing List.

The messages circulated here should not be deemed to have the official
endorsement of the SBI or any of its employees. The correct factual position
may be ascertained from official sources.

with the word 'subscribe' without the quotes in the subject of the email
message.

with the word  'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject of the email
message.

Archives (old messages) are available for viewing at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/sbinews
Click on the month-year at the lower left corner to view messages posted during
that month.

This is an announcements/newsletter type mailing list i.e. only the Moderator/s
can post messages to the list.

This mailing list is maintained and moderated by Sri. R.S.Pai, currently
working as Chief Manager(IT-Internet Banking), SBI, Corporate Centre, Mumbai.
Visit http://rspai.tripod.com for some useful Banking, Reference and Utilities
Links