[SAS] Re: portable telescope

  • From: John Riegel <riegel.john@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 16:57:32 -0800

This is what Whitworth replaced their SCT 8 inventory with. Easy portable and
effective.

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 8, 2015, at 1:29 PM, Paul Yost <pyost@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Edmund's 105mm (4") Astroscan is the device I think he was talking about.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/three-great-small-reflectors/

I have seen one--I know someone in the club has one. Probably more than one
club member. Here is a link:

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/three-great-small-reflectors/

The Astroscan is the little round red one.

It was apparently introduced back in 1976, and called the "Astroscan 2001"
probably inspired by "2001: A Space Odyssey."

Here is another article on the history and development--total sales in the
neighborhood of 100,000 units:

http://everythingintheuniverse.com/node/69

Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

No trees were harvested for the transmission of this message.
Some electrons, however, were inconvenienced.