[SAS] Re: [SAS-BOD] outreach tonight

  • From: Nick Monkman <nmonkman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sasbod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 08:53:30 -0700

I was sad to miss this one but we had an impromptu visit to Seattle. I hope
it went well!

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 9:10 AM, <cave8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Our local Solar System Ambassador Joe Bruce is hosting a star party
for Rotary 21 club at his house. He has asked for some help from the SAS.
He is expecting about 50 people. We will start to setup about 6pm. do a
little solar viewing. Then when the sun sets look for Saturn and Jupiter.
Then if people stick around he will located Pluto. He has info to hand out
for Pluto from NASA.

So if you want to help here is the address 3520 S. Eastern Road, Google
maps has easy direction.
So far it will be just two of us from the SAS helping out we could use a
couple more telescopes so the lines won't be to long.

Debbie

Outreach, Event Coordinator &
Secretary of
The Spokane Astronomical Society