[SAS] Re: Messier Marathon tips

  • From: Nick Monkman <nmonkman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAS <sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 11:41:29 -0700

Well I only logged 7 new Messiers but it was a fantastic night. Highlights
for me:

   1. Watching Io peek out from behind Jupiter in Bryan's new CPC 1100
   2. Bryan's CPC 1100. Wow.
   3. M42 was gorgeous before the (transparency went south around 9 - 10 PM)
   4. The Leo I Messier galaxy group (M105, M95, M96 in the same 40x field!)
   5. My 8 year old daughter finding the Beehive thru binoculars on her own.
   6. The young moon setting below Venus (picture attached I hope)
   7. Helping new members (forgot your names, sorry!) and talking about
   gear
   8. First look at M13 this year.

Lowlights:

   1. No Honeybucket yet.