[SAS] Re: Messier Marathon tips

  • From: "Paul" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "pasha582@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 10:09:38 -0700

The sky was half decent.  Steve Kraus, Jerry Eber, Nick and Bryan and their
families were there.  Another couple showed up fairly late.  When it turned
cold and hazy my brother-in-law Mike and I packed it in.

We watched the crescent moon and Venus set until it got dark enough to focus on
other things.  I thought I had found M67, which would have been the only new
Messier Object I could add to my collection, but now I'm not sure if I saw it
or the Beehive Cluster.  Jupiter was out in full glory with its entourage.

Sorry we missed you, Jen!

Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

 Subject: [SAS] Re: Messier Marathon tips
 To: sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Friday, March 20, 2015, 12:32 AM

 Anyone planning on heading to Fishtrap Friday if the sky is
 half decent?

 Jen

 ------------------------------
 On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 10:43 AM PDT cave8@xxxxxxxxxxx
 wrote:

 >oh, I forgot the link.
 >http://www.astro-tom.com/messier/marathon_order/marathon_order.htm

 in the sky, this is a good site to use, which also has links
 to photo's of the objects.

 wrote:

 >Subject: [SAS] Messier Marathon tips
 >To: "SAS" <sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 >Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 11:12 PM
 >
 >http://www.spokaneastronomical.org/2015/03/marathon-tips/

 >Just some
 >random thoughts from someone with very little
 experience.