[SAS] Re: LED lights

  • From: Coylene and Dale Isley <coyanddale@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Spokane Astronomical Society <sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 10:02:33 -0800

That is a perfect illustration of how to do it correctly. Good for the town to
step up and do the right thing. My whole house is 2400k LED and no one that
comes over ever realizes that they aren't incandescent. Instant on and the same
color light emission.
I would be very interested in the manufacturer of the 2700k industrial wattage
lights mentioned in the article. Where houses run on 110 (or 220 if you use
both legs), I think most of the street lights are a commercial voltage. I've
seen several: 120/240V 1P,3P120/208V 1P,3P240/480V 1P277/480V 3P
I was trying to source a commercial lighting sample and see if it couldn't find
its way over to Avista for a visual comparison. I have both 4000k and 2400k R30
bulbs that I would imagine would give a similar comparison.
-- Dale Isley
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:50:53 +0000
From: cave8@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SAS] LED lights

Check out the story below. It is not to late for the Spokane LED lights, we can
still make a difference we just need show Avista that there is a way to make
everyone happy and save money.

http://darksky.org/citys-led-retrofit-shows-need-for-careful-lighting-choices/
Debbie
Outreach, Event Coordinator &