[SAS] Re: Interesting documentary

  • From: "Alan Skinner" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "skinnerafs@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 20:00:15 -0800

Too cut to the chase, if you wish to lollygag at the computer a spell “you
tube” has several spats on the subject.

Here is one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdCKjMlgVp0

Sent from my Space Station mephone

Al

The speed of Science is calculated by dividing by the energy of Discovery!

Edwin Hubble

 Subject: [SAS] Interesting documentary
 To: sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Sunday, December 28, 2014, 3:16 PM

 So a new cosmology
 documentary "The Principle" that's played in
 one theater in Chicago already has a smallish following here
 in Spokane/Post Falls.  I know of a number of people who
 are trying to bring it to AMC in Spokane on the 23rd of
 January (First potential showing).  Further details to
 follow if anyone shows interest.  http://www.theprinciplemovie.com/
 It is very controversial and I, personally, am
 very interested in seeing it myself.  I was wondering if
 anyone would like to "claim" a ticket.
 They're about $10 (give or take a bit) if enough
 tickets are sold.  Otherwise, no money will change
 hands.
 I thought I'd let the list know to see if
 anyone else would be interested.  The theater needs to see
 that 500 tickets have been sold in order for the movie to
 air.  I think close to 400 have been accounted
 for.
 The only thing I'm getting out of this is the
 ability to see the movie, I'm not trying to sell
 anything for personal gain, it's entirely non-profit and
 for the love of the science behind what we do as amateurs.

 I'd also not like to get in a huge debate on
 the list about the content, if you want to talk about it I
 think we should keep them, should they follow, on a personal
 e-mail basis, I don't think that would be proper to talk
 about controversial science on a stargazing
 list.
 So let me know if your interested or want more
 information.  Again, I'd only like to see it and we
 need more tickets sold to be able to.  Check it out, let me
 know,  Also I hope I'm not overstepping the list here,
 if I am I'll be more than happy to not talk about it
 again
 -Thanks!Nick W.