[SAS] Fwd: Re: GREEN LASER POINTERS

  • From: Mike Reitemeier <mikes442@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Spokane Astro Society Group <sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:15:58 -0700

Being an avid user of green lasers for Astronomy, The laser safety site is a
very good one.
Please check the  "NIST Technical note 1668.  A green laser pointer hazard"
Some cheep green laser pointers emit a conciderable amount if infared radiation
that can be especially damaging to eyes. The article showes how the laser can
be tested rather easily.  NIST is the National Institute of Standards and
Technology.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device