[SAS] Re: Fishtrap last night

  • From: Nick Monkman <nmonkman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAS <sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 21:49:07 -0700

Great shots! Yeah that arc freaked me out...couldn't figure out what it
was. Here's one of my pics of it:

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Mike Reitemeier <mikes442@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Attached are a few pictures from the aurora last night. I first observe
them starting due North when I arrived about 12:55 a.m. . The northern
Auroras faided and then an aurora spike starter at about 1:15 to the west
northwest which eventually grew into a great whitish relatively narrow
auroral arc that went from horizon horizon crossing close to the zenith. It
Made for a fantastic night of you and despite some haze and smoke. Also
thanks Dan for the views from Hercules. By the way, that's Dan using the
Hercules braketed by the auroral arc and the milkyway.

Mike

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device