[SAS] Fishtrap last night

  • From: Mike Reitemeier <mikes442@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Spokane Astro Society Group <sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 21:30:07 -0700

Attached are a few pictures from the aurora last night. I first observe them
starting due North when I arrived about 12:55 a.m. . The northern Auroras
faided and then an aurora spike starter at about 1:15 to the west northwest
which eventually grew into a great whitish relatively narrow auroral arc that
went from horizon horizon crossing close to the zenith. It Made for a fantastic
night of you and despite some haze and smoke. Also thanks Dan for the views
from Hercules.  By the way, that's Dan using the Hercules braketed by the
auroral arc and the milkyway.

Mike

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device