[sarcmembers] help for Civil Air Patrol

  • From: "David Dowler" <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:24:53 -0700

Folks

I know I might get in trouble for mentioning another group here, and if I
do, I won't do it again. One of our members, KI6ZAN, has taken over the
decrepit communications room for the Civil Air Patrol in Santa Maria. I
visited them tonite and I would like to volunteer my time to help them. They
have radios and antennas. George Bernard was kind enough to donate a nice
diamond VHF antenna to them. What they need is some 50 ohm coax, a +12V
power supply, and a rotor. These are all items that the SARC does not need,
so I don't feel like I am stealing from the flock.

Some newer 50 ohm coax in lengths of about 50 feet or more are needed.
LMR-400 or 9913, 9914 etc would be nice. I know that heliax is available but
does me no good without the connectors.

A 15 Amp or better 12V supply is needed. Any rotor that works would probably
work. They are a 501(c) (3) organization.

If anybody can help or know of somebody that can, please leave me a message
at 805 934 0077 so we don't tie up the reflector.

Thanks

Dave KA6BFB