[sarcmembers] Yaesu FT-736 220MHz module install

  • From: "John Maetta" <j.maetta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:58:20 -0700

Hello,

The installation of the Yaesu FT-736 220MHz module is complete.

The manual states to place the 220MHz module in the lower left chassis as
viewed from the rear of the radio.
After installing the 220MHz module I noticed that the module Control and I/F
cable would not reach J1011.  Inspection revealed that the 220MHz module has
the cable mounted on the left side and the 50MHz module has it on the right
side, and has cable length to spare.

We needed to swap the 50MHz and 220MHz modules to allow both to connect to the
control board.

I powered up the radio and it appeared to function. Sadly, my shack lacks
anything in the 220MHz band, so we will need to test and label the output jacks
at the clubhouse. Here are some photos or the install.

http://www.n6vmo.com/arpics/SARCYaesuFT736220MHzmoduleinstallation/index.html

73

John
N6VMO