[sarcmembers] W6AB and the June 12-14 VHF Contest

  • From: "John Maetta" <j.maetta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 19:20:38 -0700

Hello All,

Today, I was able to remove the damaged R8 and replace it with a short piece of
1 1/2" pipe, this is to accept a temporary rotor for the 50 and 220MHz yagis.
The R8 debris are laying on the ground behind the clubhouse and between the
extra towers.

I also carefully removed the LP from the portable tower, protecting the coax
and it's watertight seals. It is secured on the clubhouse roof.
The 432, 902 and 1296 yagis have been temporarily installed on the portable
tower.

Testing of the systems will start this week.

The contest starts on Saturday morning at 11:00am and runs until 20:00 Sunday
evening.  I encourage all SARC members to come on out and operate. There will
be plenty to do.
You don't need a VHF/UHF SSB/CW radio to operate.  We will have a station on
145.00MHz FM, so give us a call and some extra points.

73

John
N6VMO