[sarcmembers] Re: Personal Equipment Damage

  • From: bkitzer@xxxxxxx
  • To: sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:56:41 EST

If. I brake something I will leave a message, with my name  and request
that you all bill me.
KD6PPO
I, have asked that us's use the following email to contact  me
(_ncotsg@xxxxxxxx (mailto:ncotsg@xxxxxxx) )
Don't take  your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them here.
Don't want my emails  sent to you, say the word.
Hugh Thompson 2 Feathers
Support the 1st and  2nd Amendments.

Need info, 805-588-1320, OOS, stolen.
Alternate #  805-736-3285 .

My thoughts, opinions, I write what I feel and think. I  like opening up to
others, to get youns interested in saving our great  country.

In a message dated 12/28/2009 2:45:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
j.maetta@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Happy New Year to all,

This morning I had a scheduled 2 Meter  QSO/experiment with another amateur
north of San Francisco.

I was disappointed to find that someone had  broken the plate tuning knob
on my 2 meter amplifier.  It appeared that  someone had rotated the tuning
knob to its extremes and snapped the  shaft, but not before jamming the two
plates together.  It takes  many turns of the tuning knob to get to each
extreme and cause the plates to  come in contact with each other.
Unfortunately I discovered this very shortly  after applying 3000V to the
tube.  Not a pleasant experience.

My last visit to the clubhouse was on Oct. 11 and  the amplifier was in
good working order.  More than likely the damage was  not from a licensed,
experienced amateur or club member. Although more  than a couple of months have
passed since my last visit, an examination of the clubs log yielded some
clues as to what  may have happened. The damage could have  occurred during the
JOTA exercise on Oct. 17.  Youthful curiosity with  knobs,  combined with
an inadvertent, momentary lack of a control  operator or supervision in the
radio room could have resulted in the  mishap.

I will begin troubleshooting and repair this  week.

Enough said...

We did complete the experiment using my 2 meter  brick amplifier.

73

John
N6VMO