[sarcmembers] Milestone for W6AB

  • From: "John Maetta" <j.maetta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 14:52:47 -0700

All,

This morning I had planned on doing some moonbounce operations at the
clubhouse.  Weather at the site was foggy and dripping wet.
I was able to squeek out two EME QSOs while manually aming the antennas at the
moon, or as close I a could manage.

After an hour dry spell in QSOs, I decided to try working some 2M meteor
scatter. This mode has always interested me, but I have never attempted it.

Using WSJT software and with the online help of K5DOG and KE7NR/P; W6AB was
able to successfuly QSO with K5DOG in Mimbres, NM via MS (meteor scatter). It
was very exciting to see K5DOG reflected 'pings' (echos) from the 'rocks'
(slang for meteors). As far as I know, this is a first for W6AB.

Here is a audio file of one of the 'pings' from K5DOG during our QSO:

www.n6vmo.com/amateur%20radio/MS/K5DOG_100704_191930.WAV

I am looking forward trying and demonstrating more of this exciting mode.

73

John