[sarcmembers] Re: Did the SARC gate pad lock combination change?

  • From: "Eric Lemmon" <wb6fly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 09:36:47 -0700

Note to all members:

A new padlock with the new combination was installed on the gate on Friday,
May 14th.  The new combination is shown on the back of your SARC membership
card, which is purple in color.  If you have paid your dues for 2010 and do
not have a purple membership card, please contact Bob Harrison, W6RFH.

It appears that the old lock was malfunctioning because it had been
contaminated with WD-40 or some such lubricant.  I have some "lock fluid"
that is the proper stuff for lubricating locks.  Please do not take it upon
yourself to perform any lubrication or maintenance of locks at a SARC
facility.  Let me know about it and I or the Base Locksmith will take care
of it.  Thanks!

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY
Facility Manager