[sarcmembers] ARRL 160m Contest

  • From: Niko Cimbur <ac6dd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:32:30 -0800 (PST)

On the first weekend of December I operated in the ARRL 160m Contest from the
SARC site.  It was my first time setting up at this location. I started late on
Friday evening due to many equipment and receiving antenna problems, so I
missed a bunch of time.  The Saturday evening results were much improved having
fixed the receiving antenna.

I ended the contest with the following results:

Total:  QSOs = 736  Sections = 76  Countries = 21  Total Score = 152,969

It appears that I am just shy of the W6 record from 2001 held by N6RO - 159,900
851 82

The Santa Barbara section records are the following:

  SOQP        W6GL                          2100     50    21   1998
  SOLP        WA6FGV                       33208    292    56   1995
  SOHP        AC6DD                       139635    716    87   2006
  MS          WA6RKE                       91245    534    77   1995

If anyone is interested, next year I would like to improve the WA6RKE
Multioperator score from 1995 (I was part of the 1995 crew).  There is plenty
of time to polish up your CW until then.

I will probably operate the CQ160CW on the last weekend in January from the
SARC site.

Niko - AC6DD

only accept email from subscribed members so SPAMMERS
will not get your email address

'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi