[sanesecurity] Re: [sanesecurity_announce] new databases

  • From: "Grayhat" <grayhat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:05:16 +0100

Yep it works... but see the possible disadvantages for the hoster of the
databases, when multiple users are hit their server (see my post earlier
today)

Agreed, Steve; for one, I think that Emanuele (Skull) is perfectly able to
"protect" the server (if need arises); for another, I think that suggesting
people to directly fetch those sigs from Skull's website when they're
available on the sanesecurity mirrors is just *stupid* also since it may
expose one to issues in case the main site goes offline (this won't
possibly happen to the mirrors) so, again, DISCARD the idea of using
HTTP to fetch those sigs and point to sanesecurity; otherwise... well,
don't come here barfing if you'll find your IPs suddenly cut-off (uh.. and
btw, DDoSing the site could be cool... this way all the attacking IP will
just be immediately burned as bots... it may be interesting; kinda sorta
some reverse honeypot <grin>)