[sanesecurity] Re: [Spam?BadBits] Re: Re: winnow_phish_complete is now invalid clamav db

  • From: Chuck Fisher <cfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:18:07 -0500

Peter wrote:
it's fixed in developpemnt version devel-r5076-319-gebf10d4
available from http://www.clamav.net/download/sources
The question now is how long before this becomes an RC and then release
(and
then available in RPM form). I, like many other people, use the
clamd/clamav
RPM's from RPMforge.

Is there a way a file, or two, could just be replaced without using the
sources above?

Michael.

The way I've done it in the past is to download the latest source rpm and
spec file from rpmforge/whoever.  Install the source rpm then go into the
appropriate directory and replace the source .tar.gz with the latest
development one. Then edit the spec file to give it an appropriate version
number and run "rpmbuild -ba spec.file".

There are far more detailed instructions online - just look for building
custom rpms. I think there's even a link on the clamav site. I'm writing
this on a phone, so getting the links for you isn't very easy!

Perhaps one person on this list could build an rpm (for x86_64) and share it?

Peter

!DSPAM:4ae3f9a9266111804284693!

Just a possible heads up. There seems to be other differences in the devel version. At least in the one I downloaded late yesterday. Been trying to go through ClamAV's change docs to see what's up. Have not found it yet.

First, yes. The devel version loads all the databases fine. And from command line passes all my tests. But I don't use spamassassin. Clam is called and reports back to DSpam on my system. As far as I can tell. DSpam's pass off to Clam is fine. But when Clam connects back to DSpam, viruses are not reported.

It could be my DSpam. I'm not running the latest. My build is heavily customized and I have not had time to make my modifications to it's latest version.

I hope to have a month that I'll soon be able to spend (while recovering from surgery) getting my DSpam up to date on a development server I'll finish this week. Looks like Clam might also be on the to-do list as well.

I'm going to wait until Clam releases it's next version before trying again.