[sanesecurity] Re: PaeTec Communications

  • From: Bill Landry <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 06:33:33 -0700

On 11/1/2010 6:15 AM, Steve Basford wrote:
This domain is also not listed in any of the more common URI black lists
either:

Host mailsender.com.multi.uribl.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host mailsender.com.multi.surbl.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host mailsender.com.dbl.spamhaus.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Hi Bill,

I think this is the domain:

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/certifiedmailsender(.)com.html

Oops, I see that now. I do have that one listed in both SpamDomains signature databases, and as your link above shows, it is also listed on 3 other blacklists, as well (SURBL, ivmURI, and Hostkarma).

I have seen 3 different spam runs from that domain over the past 2 months (the most recent run was today, which got it re-added to the 2 week database), so that's why it was removed from the 2 week database and was only found in the 2 month database until today.

Ian, are you still not seeing it listed in the 2 week database?

Regards,

Bill