[sanesecurity] Re: PaeTec Communications

  • From: Bill Landry <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 06:02:07 -0700

On 11/1/2010 4:59 AM, ComKal Networks wrote:
I notice that :-

INetMsg.SpamDomain-2w.certified mailsender _com.UNOFFICIAL

is out of  INetMsg-SpamDomains-2w.ndb again.

I've been submitting all the 'work at home/certified' stuff to spamcop,
and other places since mid Sept but no one seems to care at
PaeTec Communications, the owner of the netblock. Are they
a known spam friendly company ? are they themselves a spam
company or do they just not care :-(

Hi Ian,

The SpamDomains signature databases are dynamically created, so if my spamtraps do not seen spam from a listed domain for 2 weeks, it is automatically removed from the 2 week database, and once it has not been seen for 2 months, it is also automatically removed from the 2 month database.

This domain is also not listed in any of the more common URI black lists either:

Host mailsender.com.multi.uribl.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host mailsender.com.multi.surbl.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host mailsender.com.dbl.spamhaus.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

It also does not have a negative rating at WOT:

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mailsender.com

Regards,

Bill