[sanesecurity] Re: Long DB refresh times

  • From: Grayhat <grayhat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:45:50 +0200

> More or less like any of you guys, but I rely on my own local
> repository and use a very small selection of DBs only.
> Reload times are usually about 30-35 secs,

Same here, but then, maybe it's a matter of properly tuned hardware;
all in all, when you issue a "reload" ClamD will in effect dump the
current in-memory sigs and reload/reparse all the sig files it finds
and I can understand how, such a thing, on "small iron" or having
some limited amount of memory may cause the process to take longer than
expected

> and dropped down to 4-6 secs only after applying Steve's filters...

Uh... now I'm curious; which "filters" are you referring to, if I can
ask ?