[SAN] Re: 24 Million Euros

  • From: tanju surmeli <neuropsychiatry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: san-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:23:51 -0800 (PST)

It is Great! Congratulations to Professor Jordan Popjordanov and colleagues. I
see Turkey in the list.Who is involved with the study in Turkey?
Tanju
"Gruzelier, John H" <j.gruzelier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Congratulations to Professor Jordan Popjordanov and colleagues who have been
awarded a Brussels COST initiative for the implementation of a European
Conserted Research Action designed "to increase knowledge of the neuronal
oscillations correlated with memory and attention as a basis for neuronal
regulation aimed at enhancing human performance and health."
This initiative arose out of a Royal Society sponsored visit to Imperial
College by Jordan and Nada in the summer of 2003, and subsequent discussions at
our Society meetings at Udine and Winterthur.
There are three working groups:
theoretical considerations (chaos synchronisation and quantum modelling)
diagnostics and EEG neurofeedback treatment, particularly for childhood
disorders
experimental studies of oscillations, event-related osciallations, oscillatory
systems and synchronisation.
Countries involved include Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Germany, Italy,
Macedonia, Poland, Serbia and Montenegro, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, UK,
together with Canada, Japan, NZ, Russia, USA.
While no financial estimate was attached to the proposal, the EC have awarded
24 Million euros over 4 years, which gives an indication of the importance in
which our field is regarded.

This funding will also assist with scientific meetings, and importantly
training and certification for EEG Neurofeedback.

This is a fantastic achievement that Jordan has inspired for our field, and he
deserves our heartiest congratulations.

John

Professor John Gruzelier
Division of Neuroscience & Psychological Medicine
Imperial College London
Charing Cross Campus
St Dunstan's Road
London W6 8RP
UK

Phone 44 020 8 846 7386: Fax 44 020 8 846 1670:
e-mail j.gruzelier@xxxxxxxx
Secretary: Mrs Ann Ebberson: Phone 44 020 8 846 7246

http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/people/j.gruzelier.html

 Make Yahoo! your home page