[samscommunity] Free Tax Preparation to qualified participants

  • From: "WANDA WYLIE" <wwylie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <samscommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:27:35 -0500

From the United Wayof the Midlands:

It's time for VITA!

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) began this month on February 5 to
provide free tax preparation services to moderate to lower-income families who
earn less than $50,000 a year. Through this program, individuals will be able
to get their state and federal taxes prepared for free.

Last year, the VITA program brought back 2.5 million in refunds.
"It might sound corny, but it's vital. It's very important to the low-income
community, our volunteers and the economy," said Pamela Robinson, Director of
the USC Pro Bono Program.

"The VITA program is a wonderful way for people to be involved with the
community."   The VITA program began in the Midlands almost 30 years ago, but
was expanded by a United Way grant to the Cooperative Ministry in 2008. This
program has made a tremendous impact for working families. VITA sites will be
open in Richland, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg and Fairfield counties
through April 18.

 For more information about the VITA program and qualifications call
1-866-892-9211.

Ms. Wanda Wylie
Eighth Grade ELA
St. Andrews Middle School
1231 Bluefield Road
Columbia, SC 29210
803-731-8910 ext. 3215
803-731-8913 (Fax)

~ "I'm not an overachiever; I just work hard." - Dr. Donna Ford, 2011

 Richland County School District One provides
employee e-mail access for administrative and
instructional uses only. E-mail correspondence
to/from Richland County School District One is
 considered public information and is subject
to release under the South Carolina Freedom Of
   Information Act or pursuant to subpoena.