[salisbury guide dogs] Re: raffle prizes and the invitation

  • From: helen@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: salisburygd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 19:18:59 +0100

Sounds very sensible. Happy to go with the majority on Sunday.

I agree we need to ask family and friends to donate a cake or bottle if possible.

Has anyone heard that people on the mailing list have received their invites ok, and whether they're coming along?

Perhaps we should aim for a smaller event rather than a massive one as we've not real idea how many will turn up?

Please can list members let us know if they can make it.

Cheers Helen

On 26/04/2023 20:56, Justin Wright wrote:

I think the voucher Katie has should be used towards tea/coffee/sugar and milk. And bearing in mind instant coffee can be disgusting you'd want some decent stuff which won't be cheap, and perhaps a smaller jar of decaf for those with allergies?

Lets keep it simple and keep costs down. Not everyone wants a scone, they might perhaps prefer a slice of chocolate cake, or a slice of banana bread. And we have no idea of numbers that will turn up. So if we only get 20 people turn up none of whom want a scone, we won't want 100 scones that you will have to take home and stick in the freezer and 2 litres of cream to chuck in the bin. 20 scones should be more than enough just to be on th safe side, and one pot of cream and one jar of jam.

We don't have to do this all ourselves - ask friends family and colleagues to bake and donate. That's what I would do; my aunt is good at scones and I would ask her if she wasn't more than 5000 miles away.

Speaking of colleagues, one of mine has offered to bake and bring a cake along with 2 bottles of grog - if everyone here had a contact who would do the same things go much further.

Happy to pop into Reeves but what do we want exactly from them? Can't be too vague. 25 mini doughnuts?

Cheers

Just

On 25 Apr 2023, at 17:09, helen@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Cheers Stephen. You're doing a brilliant job. I'm still stranded but hoping my Covid test will be clear tomorrow (day 11) and I can get out at the weekend.

How is everyone else getting on? Katie has got a £15 voucher from Tesco we can put towards the cream tea and/or some cakes. We need to decide whether we have enough cakes for a cake stall and the budget for a cream tea if we are going to have to buy the ingredients unless someone is happy to donate them. Reeves have donated doughnuts in the past so they might do scones for us. Are any guide dog owners free this weekend to pop in and ask - I'm happy to accompany you. We could try Aldi/Lidl for strawberry jam. And Katie was going to try Waitrose. Does anyone know anyone who works there?

Has anyone received an invite from regional office yet? I had a mysterious handwritten brown A5 envelope with a Southampton postmark in the post around a week ago which the Royal Mail had managed to lose the contents of. Fingers crossed the invites have gone out ok. Does anyone know?

ATB Helen

On 25/04/2023 16:36, Stephen Watt wrote:

Hi all,

I have managed to put the tea party onto the Facebook group and will create an event to get an idea of numbers.

Sainsbury have given us 3 bottles of wine/port
Still awaiting feedback from Dinghams and the pet shop by McDonald's
Going to approach Waitrose, Sports Direct and Home Sense tomorrow.

Regards

Stephen Watt