[salisbury guide dogs] Fwd: South West Intergroup Meeting Summary Notes

  • From: Justin Wright <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: salisburygd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 16:33:54 +0100

Hi all
Hope you are all well and enjoying the cooler summer days - Ned is certainly happy that it’s not so hot now! Sharing below email from Lee, apologies to those who may already have received it directly.
Cheers
Just

Begin forwarded message:
From: Lee Thresher <Lee.Thresher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FW: South West Intergroup Meeting Summary Notes
Date: 19 August 2022 at 09:17:03 BST
To: K W Syvret <kwsyvret@xxxxxxxxx>, "davewgumbrell@xxxxxxxxx" <davewgumbrell@xxxxxxxxx>, Malgorzata Rogowska <malgorzata.rogowska@xxxxxxxxxx>, Viv Brackett <vivbrackett@xxxxxxxxx>, Pete Terry <pete7730@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Home email <andrews_s@xxxxxxx>, Simon Lindfield <simon.lindfield@xxxxxxxxx>, Jillian Onslow <jillianonslow@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathrine Bolton <katrobe@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jennie Smith <jenniesmith1947@xxxxxxx>, Myra Pritchard <myrapritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "theresaozbell@xxxxxxxxx" <theresaozbell@xxxxxxxxx>, Romy Barton <romybarton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Cathy Pitney <ccpitney@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "nigelandtish@xxxxxxxxxxx" <nigelandtish@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Moody <peter.m25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ellen Young <ellenyoung28@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "patricia.caplin@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <patricia.caplin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ann.bradford@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ann.bradford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Annette Butcher <annettebutcher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Fund Raise <andovergd.group@xxxxxxxxx>, Dave H <dherbert1989@xxxxxxxxxxx>, COLIN SHAW <ali.d.shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Justin Wright <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Katie Ransby <k.ransby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brett Lamplough <brettlamplough@xxxxxxxx>, Richard Beever <richardbeever1@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello All, hoping you’ve had a great week. Thank you so much to those of you who were able to attend our South West intergroup meeting and for your contribution and feedback - we very much enjoyed seeing you and missed those who were unable to make it. Here is a brief summary of our meeting which we hope you will find useful. Please do share the relevant pieces of information with other members of your Group. Equipment UpdateLisa Grant from our Supporter Care team joined us to give an update on the Equipment Booking Procedure that may be relevant to your group if you do not have access to a gazebo, or have the opportunity to share one with other groups locally.   Guide Dogs AppealThe You Tube link for the Guide Dogs presentation we went through about this years appeal can be found at - Guide Dogs Appeal - 2022Please share this link with your volunteers - We look forward to hearing the ideas that you might have to make this year’s Guide Dogs Appeal the best one yet and seeing pictures of your wonderful cake creations! Contactless donations.Please find attached our notes on contactless payments. These cover an update on GoodBox, alternatives that are being investigated and information on QR codes. Thank you to those volunteers who requested they be involved with the trial of the new contactless app that we have identified. Sarah Knox will be in touch with you soon to check that you have suitable devices and explain how the trial will work. If you were unable to attend the meeting and would like to be involved in the trial please let us know. The criteria, initially, is that you have an android phone, are available for zoom training on either the 1st or 2nd September and have events booked in over the four week trial period from 1st September.  Facebook Giving.Please take the opportunity to watch the video on Facebook Fundraising at this link -Facebook Fundraising - as we were unable to play it in the meeting. If you have any questions following the video, please let us know.We also attach a document with frequently asked questions. Regional UpdateGroup income in the South West region this year to date (end of July) is £235k compared to £188.5k last year, which is an increase of over £46k!  Main increases are from floor boxes/countertop boxes/collections/FR4us.  Overall income for our region including non-group related income and including Wales, is £424k, compared to £333k last year, which is up £91k… this is incredible and a great testament to all your hard work so THANK YOU!   Open discussion
  • Myra mentioned the Hamble Valley Group have an event on Saturday 17thSeptember at Whiteley Shopping Centre, where they have the Guide Dogs demonstration team coming down for the day. They are short of volunteers, due to holidays, so if you are able to go along and spare an hour, please contact the group via their Facebook page - Guide Dogs Hamble Valley & Whiteley Fundraising Group | Facebook
  • On the subject of Tesco collections a few points were raised by various members:
  • Amount of physical cash collected seems to be on the increase, in particular the number of notes placed in buckets at various collections.
  • Difficulty rescheduling dates if groups have had to cancel events due to weather. Cannot reschedule by contacting the central office, but worth popping into the local store. Varied success with rescheduling locally, but worth a try as it appears to be very much down to individual store manager discretion.
  • Always worth building a relationship with the Community Champion and asking for dates direct with them.
  • Do keep applying online when each new window opens as new dates are updated frequently.
    • Interesting discussion re smarter working - a number of groups agreeing that street collections are more profitable and less work to organize than fetes and festivals and so have decided to focus their attention on those for the second half of the year.
    • Viv shared information on the New Forest group’s Dine in the Dark event at Brokenhurst Manor Golf Club on the 10th September - More details can be found here if anyone would like to attend - https://www.facebook.com/events/813913146267148 - Tickets are £25 and include a raffle ticket
    • Myra requested ideas for her October challenge which she does each October. (Not swimming please!) Ideas came forward relating to a possible zipwire in North Wales and a Blindfold challenge. Krissie’s daughter, Heidi did this last year and we were asked to share the videos, so if you would like to see her in action and get some ideas for yourself you can see the clips on these links - GDA Challenge 12 , 3 and 4. If you have any other ideas, please let Myra know through the Hamble Valley Facebook page mentioned above.
     We would be grateful for your feedback on this meeting so that we can learn for the future, please could you spare a couple of minutes to complete this short survey at: https://guidedogs.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2t0MjM8FjDU2Jro  Thank you all for your ongoing support and it’s great to see so much activity resuming in the community. Whilst emailing, I just want to send a little reminder for our coffee/catch up Zoom call scheduled for next Wednesday 24th at 6.00pm, I’ve popped the Zoom link below again and look forward to hopefully seeing you.  Join Zoom Meeting
    https://guidedogs.zoom.us/j/98490665234?pwd=bnZTaG90OGh0ODVYaklQZGJFbWlEZz09&from=addon Have a great weekend Lee   Lee ThresherCommunity Fundraising Relationship ManagerGuide Dogs South West RegionPronoun: He/Him Mobile: 07795 611482South West Supporter Care Team: 0345 143 0234 Guide Dogs45 Bournemouth RoadChandlers FordEastleighHampshireSO53 3DJ

    JPEG image

     website: www.guidedogs.org.uk Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/guidedogsUKFollow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/guidedogs Please consider the environment – only print this email if necessary Please take five minutes to watch our Name a Puppy video The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG Registered Charity No. 209617 A company limited by guarantee Registered in England Company No. 291646

    JPEG image

    This email and any attachment to it are confidential. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or disclose either the message or any information contained in the message.
    If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this email and notify the sender immediately.
    Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender only, unless otherwise stated.
    All emails, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded by Guide Dogs and monitored for legitimate business purposes.
    Guide Dogs exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email to the fullest extent permitted by law.

    Tel: 0118 983 5555
    Email: guidedogs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Website: https://www.guidedogs.org.uk
    Guide Dogs is a working name of The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association. Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire RG7 3YG.
    A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales (209617), Scotland (SC038979) and Isle of Man (1334).