[salisbury guide dogs] Re: Collections

  • From: helen@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: salisburygd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 21:20:44 +0100

Hi Justin

I'm free for an hour between 9.30 and 11.30 on the 1st October if you need an extra pair of hands for an hour

Sorry I can't make the 22nd Oct.

We didn't make that much at Matalan when we used to go there regularly and now with the cost of living crisis, my guess would be people would donate even less.

Best wishes Helen

On 21/09/2022 21:45, Justin Wright wrote:

Hi everyone

Hope you are all well.

We have our second street collection on Saturday 1st Oct. It is likely to just be myself covering the morning, Katie over lunch, and Joe doing an afternoon shift.

Regulations do allow for multiple collectors as long as they are 25m apart, so if anyone wants to help out without a dog we won't refuse! As a reminder, dogs other than guide dogs can also be used but unless they have had a suitability assessment with Guide Dogs, they will not be permitted to wear th blue jackets.

There's also the Wilton garden centre o the 17th October - am sure Katie will be in touch to sort a rota.

I have been trying to find out if Matalan has a sale on during November as I figured that would bring in more shoppers. But they have said they are unsure of any sales that far ahead. However they would prefer us on a Sunday as they have the Stars Appeal on Saturday mornings. Do we still want to give it a shot? It never used to make much money but every little helps, and with the rising cost of living, could be more people are shopping there. If we do I would suggest Sunday 27th Nov, around pay day.

All the best

Just