[salisbury guide dogs] Re: Collections

  • From: helen@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: salisburygd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 17:28:32 +0100

10am ideal, I will pop down for an hour. Where will you be?

Have Waitrose ever given us a collection? It seems a bit mean spirited of them as I know Katie has tried to get one in the past, although I'm not sure if they let other groups collect apart from the Trussell Trust. I don't go there very often and hardly ever on a Saturday so I don't really know. We need to get some insider info. 😀

How about the train station again? That was a good earner. I guess the plus side of Matalan is that it's warm.

Are you free at 7pm on Thursday or Friday? I could drop it off then. I've been tied up with the course I stupidly signed up for - deadline 5pm on 29th. Didn't think I'd get a place on it. I won't be doing another one! I checked with the regional office and the banner is still fine to use with the old logo so that was good news.

ATB Helen

On 26/09/2022 17:07, Justin Wright wrote:

Thanks Helen

Looking at a 10am start rather than earlier, will let you know if need more hands but you can always come along it'll be me on the first shift.

The store invited us - they contacted guide dogs who in turn passed it on, and my thinking was that the rising cost of living would force MORE shoppers there. It wasn't that they donated little but rather that the footfall was very low at the best of times I believe? So might be worth a shot. No one can compere with Tesco that has very high footfall, as does the train station.

Only had 2 collections so far this year and at the moment no plans for November just these 2 in Oct, we would have done one at Waitrose in Nov if we could get one - much preferable to Matlan don't you think?

By the wy you never did pop round to drop some stuff you had that you no longer wanted? Might be out of date and/or only have old logo but if the info is still useful for people we could use it up?

cheers

Just

On 25 Sep 2022, at 21:20, helen@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Justin

I'm free for an hour between 9.30 and 11.30 on the 1st October if you need an extra pair of hands for an hour

Sorry I can't make the 22nd Oct.

We didn't make that much at Matalan when we used to go there regularly and now with the cost of living crisis, my guess would be people would donate even less.

Best wishes Helen

On 21/09/2022 21:45, Justin Wright wrote:
Hi everyone

Hope you are all well.

We have our second street collection on Saturday 1st Oct. It is likely to just be myself covering the morning, Katie over lunch, and Joe doing an afternoon shift.

Regulations do allow for multiple collectors as long as they are 25m apart, so if anyone wants to help out without a dog we won't refuse! As a reminder, dogs other than guide dogs can also be used but unless they have had a suitability assessment with Guide Dogs, they will not be permitted to wear th blue jackets.

There's also the Wilton garden centre o the 17th October - am sure Katie will be in touch to sort a rota.

I have been trying to find out if Matalan has a sale on during November as I figured that would bring in more shoppers. But they have said they are unsure of any sales that far ahead. However they would prefer us on a Sunday as they have the Stars Appeal on Saturday mornings. Do we still want to give it a shot? It never used to make much money but every little helps, and with the rising cost of living, could be more people are shopping there. If we do I would suggest Sunday 27th Nov, around pay day.

All the best

Just