[sac-forum] Re: Viewing sites for Saturday, September 27th

  • From: Steve Malmkar <stevemalmkar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:08:39 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the replies.  I'm coming from Ahwatukee and didn't want to drive
100 miles to find an empty site.

The last time I was at Vekol road I was stopped by a sheriff on the way out who
wanted to know what I was doing in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the
night.  I told him and offered to let him look in my car and trunk which he
did.  We had a short but friendly conversation after that and he asked how many
more people were there, how often we did it, etc..  I asked him what the issue
was and he said it was a corridor for illegals and for drug trafficking.
Apparently they come North through that corridor to I-8.

Gulp!  I decided I would prefer to look a bit further North.  Count me in
for the antenna site on Saturday.  Thanks for the great directions too.

Steve