[sac-forum] Re: SAC's Herschel 400 Awards

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 00:59:44 -0400 (EDT)

Tom, AJ, et al;

I went for all the objects in Burnham's north of -40 degrees.  That
included some galaxies in Piscis Austrinus and constellations like that
were pretty difficult, even on a good night at Sentinel.  I did not count
the absolute total, I think it was something like 1590 objects.  I did
them with the 13 inch Newtonian.  I would dearly love to spend enough time
in Australia to get all the the objects in Burnham's that are in the far
southern sky.  But...probably won't happen.

I am interested to hear that there are H 400 objects not in Burnham's, I
would have thought that they would all be included.  But, what do I know?

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe