[sac-forum] Re: New Dark-site Night light Idea

  • From: Tim Jones <timj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:57:16 -0700

On May 30, 2007, at 4:50 PM, Janis Schoenfeld wrote:

Tim.....Is the battery replaceable?

Not sure on that, Janis. I'll have to buy another box of cereal before I "experiment" on this one :).

Tim

Thanks,  Janis

Tim Jones wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Tired of holding your red-lensed flashlight while looking at starcharts while at a dark site? Well, our friends at Kellogg's (the cereal folks) and Shrek III (the movie) have teamed up to provide an (unexpected) answer - the free Shrek III Knight light. Corny? You betcha. Works? Like a charm.

The unit is an over the ear Red LED that comes free inside the current Kellogg's Sugar Pops, Rice Krispies, Apple Jacks, and Fruit Loops (at least). It's just bright enough for reading and fits comfortably over either ear.

Could this be the oddest astronomical discovery of the year? Quite probably.

I've attached a pic of the unit in its protective baggy (don't know if it will get through). I'll bring mine to the meeting Friday.

<mime-attachment.jpeg>

Tim