[sac-forum] Last Call - Monoceros

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:52:48 -0700

Don't forget to submit observations for next month's newsletter.  Looks
like we will have good weather this weekend so be sure to observe the
following objects in Monoceros.  I'll need them pretty quickly next week
so Rick Tejera can keep the newsletter on schedule.
For March it will be Monoceros. NGC2215, NGC2232, NGC2236, NGC2250,
NGC2335, NGC2353 and Beta a diversion from the NGCs.

While I'm at it , her'e's the  list for April.  Yes it's Ursa Major and
galaxies.
S1193 - STF1193 colors please, NGC2681, RT UMA color please, NGC2976,
NGC2985 and can you  also see NGC3027.

For NGC3031 - M81 mag 6.9.  Look for the right triangular grouping of
stars off the south end.  Look at their separations with each of your
eyepieces and commit to memory the distances so they may be used for
visually estimating sizes for future observations.  Starting with
eastern most star they have magnitudes 9.24/9.25/10.65; separations
10.5'/11'; and positions 270°/280°.

The final two are NGC3034 M82 and NGC3077 southeast of M81.

Don't forget get your observations of Monoceros to me early next week.

Thanks,
aj