[sac-forum] Re: FW: looking for a Astronomer April 26-27

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:43:29 -0700

Still good to go. Will do the background check after bit.

Jimmy Ray

From: krissykinsey@xxxxxxx
To: sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: looking for a Astronomer April 26-27
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:52:49 -0700

Hello my name is Krissy Kinsey I 'm the head coordinator of the La Promesa
brownie girl scout encampment. We are trying to find an Astronomer(s) to go
with us to encampment in Prescott AZ for the weekend to teach the 1st, 2nd,
3rd, few 4th,5th grades (about 96 girl scouts 12 in each rotation) about the
night sky, we are offering you cabin bunks and lunch, dinner, breakfast and
lunch. This event will take place April 26-27 Sat 8am-9:30pm and Sunday
7am-3pm. If you fill it would be best if you came up Friday night to get a
head start and do stargazing before hand this would just fine,  as I will be
there Friday to set up the other rotation.. You and your lovely wife are
invited. We have a cabin just for the men and cabins just for the lovely
females. This is a rule we have to go by GSUSA rules, as they rule over me.
I would love to have you work with the girls and there leader to teach them
about space as we live in surprise AZ and can't always see much of the night
sky from all the city lights. Saturday night we would like the girls to be
able to do stargazing we have one telescope we are able to bring but it is a
novice scope. So if you have one or 2 the girls can spy on the night sky
with. That would be so cool for them to be able to see what they just
learned about. In the day time Saturday and Sunday we would like the girls
to work on there badge/ try its work. This is learning about what a
constellation is and makes a star maker with a constellation. How the earth
and moon move around the sun. What is an eclipse of the moon and sun?  Each
group will have 1h and 15mins and there is 5 rotations sat., and 3 rotations
on Sunday.  If you are interested in this event please call me soon, as we
need to fill this soon.

Thank you,

Krissy Kinsey

Coordinator, and troop leader of troops 781 and JR troop 4005

Home # is 623 266 2294

cell # is 623 853 7958

  _____

<http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008

  _____

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power. Play now!
<http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan>