[sac-forum] Re: Beta testers needed for SAC database

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:48:24 -0700

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:47:35 -0700, Steve Coe wrote:

> I am not interested in miniscule changes in position or magnitude, but if
> you do find a value that is very different from this version, 7.43, then let
> me know.  I am going to give the beta testers about 6 weeks to look it over
> and then I am making my way toward a version 7.5 as the next full release.

How about making the database UTF-8?

Then we can use the degrees symbol instead of the words: degree, deg, Deg
Greek letters can have their symbols included (eg alpha = 3B1 hex)
The words "integral sign" can supplemented with the symbol (222B hex)
The double aprostrophe (or s) can be replaced by the seconds symbol (2033 hex)
The single aprostrophe (or m) can be replaced by the minutes symbol (2032 hex)

        -Paul