[sac-forum] Beta testers needed for SAC database

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:47:35 -0700

Howdy all;

I am at the final stages before the next release of the Saguaro Astronomy
Club database.  Therefore, I am in need of some beta testers to look over
the deep sky database and see if you can find any errors.

The zip file is at the web site given below:

http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/db/sac743/SACdatabasev7.43.htm

I contains the documentation and three forms of the data:  Excel file, ASCII
text file with a vertical "fence" delimiter and a quote comma quote file so
that you can import it into a wide variety of database managers or
spreadsheets.

Even if you can spend a little time trying it out, please do so.  Be careful
of which program you use for comparison, the old version (SAC 7.2) is in
lots of astronomical programs:  Sky Map Pro, Deep Sky, HNSky and many
others.

I am not interested in miniscule changes in position or magnitude, but if
you do find a value that is very different from this version, 7.43, then let
me know.  I am going to give the beta testers about 6 weeks to look it over
and then I am making my way toward a version 7.5 as the next full release.

Clear Skies;

Steve Coe