[sac-forum] Re: August SAC Board Meeting (Slide Projector)

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, SAC- Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:07:08 -0700

I note in the September SAC News an item from the minutes of the August Board meeting (which I did not attend) concerning a vote on a proposal to purchase a slide projector... I don't know why this issue should have surfaced... The Club has owned two Carousel slide projectors -- one of which (with concurrence of the Board) was donated to Bill Dillenges of Apache Junction, for use in his astronomy outreach programs (at Lost Dutchman Park). The other one (also with concurrence of the Board) is "stored" in my garage and is still available for use. As is my own personal slide projector... I just need a little advance notice. I can also supply a 52 inch projection screen with stand, and one or more overhead projectors (for viewgraphs) -- if ever needed. To my knowledge, we have not had a request for a slide projector at the meetings or Club activities in several years, thus the disposition of the two projectors. With all of the computer equipment owned and in use by the Club members, I don't know why the club should see a need to purchase a laptop PC, either. Availability of such equipment at the meetings (or outreach activities) merely requires a bit of coordination on the part of the responsible officers, and a timely request by an interested club member. Please coordinate such requirements through the Club Properties Director / Public Events Coordinator, Jack Jones at: (623) 322-1559; the Vice President, Jennifer Polakis, at (480) 967-1658; or the Community Outreach Team, headed by Rick Tejera at (623) 572-0713.

Gene Lucas
(17250)