[sac-forum] Re: Antivirus Software Catch

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:44:22 -0700

> Well I have never gotten any viruses before ever, but today Symantec
> informed me I received an email with an attachment with the Klez "H"
> virus. It quarantined it for me and said the Subject: was "Your Name in
> Hawaiian".

Hey Jack,

I'm fairly confident that my computer is clean.  I got a whole bunch of
those a couple of weeks ago, and Rick had gotten his share as well.  We
theorized that it was someone that was on one of the ML, which is why I
posted about that topic a couple of weeks ago.  I'm surprised that you have
only recieved one.  BTW, the subject was one I haven't seen yet.  I had
quite a few that were "A New Game.", "Honey", and one that said "Our
Agreement".  Keep your AV software updated....

As far as getting all those emails about the web site at once, well, I've
seen that happen too in the past.  Probably a glitch in your mail server,
though I'd defer to Paul's explaination(s).

Thad