[sac-board] floating lead balloons.

  • From: <kellerjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:42:30 -0600

Last year we had 12 speakers due to the Blue Moon in July.  I think of =
the last 13 speakers, 3 or more have waived their honorarium.  We were =
considering raising the honorarium as well to $100 for out of town =
speakers.  I'd like to see a $1,000 annual budget for speakers with the =
refused honorariums being returned to it to build funds to fly in out of =
state speakers. I think it is the speakers and the Newsletter that make =
the club and the reason we have dues. It makes absolutely no sense to =
hoard thousands of dollars of other folk's money to make 2% on it at a =
bank.=20

From my standpoint, arranging speakers is difficult but enjoyable and I =
don't really want to lose the "enjoyable" part of it for the rest of the =
year. =20

I'll get with Dean Ketelsen on the dates for the GC star party as well.  =
Is that $200 or $300, ie is it a board vote or a membership vote?

Jennifer Polakis, VP

 =20