[sac-board] Re: Worrying about SAC's Website

  • From: <theprof@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 8:13:09 -0800

Paul et all,
Membership - Yea I guess I slipped up by not being able to attend meetings due
to work scheduling conflicts.

As for account settings, the ISP hosting is in Steve Coe's name and I have not
changed password information. So at least two people already have the ability
to access the account. Yet steve is the only one who can make a phone call and
shut it down / change things. So the real issue is who the ISP will allow to
access and make changes over the phone. Right now a phone call from Steve,
because he holds the account details (credit card etcetera), is the only way to
fix things with the ISP. He alone has the ability to walk the website away from
the club. I could change content on the site, but am not able to create more
damage than a content change.

As for who the domain name saguaroastro.org is registered to, that is a good
question. A domain name search shows this information as private.
Perhaps your abilities within Godaddy can provide better details to the club.

P.S. I let it slip, but if I had received a reminder about my dues, I would
have sent a check. What will it take $$ to get back in good standing?

Stan Clark
Webmaster
saguaroastro.org